by Moon by SimAudio
Table Top DAC/Amplifier
The 230HAD Headphone Amplifier fills an immense void in the current headphone marketplace, especially when considering its exceptional “price to performance” ratio. Today music lovers need a flexible high quality DAC, capable of both DSD & Hi Res PCM formats. A multi-function product that is more about an affordable high-performance experience, than minor features.
Design features include:
* Inputs: 1 analog RCA on the back & 1 analog 1/8” (3.5mm) jack located on the front panel.
* Outputs: a 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS headphone jack, as well as both fixed & variable line-level RCA stereo jacks.
* Fully asynchronous DAC with four (4) digital inputs: 2 - S/PDIF (Coax), 1 - TosLink (Optical) & 1 - USB which allow for use with almost any digital source.
* Supports up to DSD256 (USB input only); Supports PCM up to 24bit/192kHz (on all inputs) & 32bit/384kHz (on USB input).
* Pure analog amplifier using a transconductance circuit.
* An oversized power supply using 1 toroidal transformer in conjunction with eight stages of DC voltage regulation.